[rt-users] Recommendations for email validation portal

Gary T. Giesen giesen at snickers.org
Sat Sep 7 11:06:22 EDT 2013

We currently handle almost all of our ticket submissions via email.
Because we don't want to lose even one email, we tag email as spam but
do not filter it in RT. Obviously, this requires a lot of
queue-cleaning to remove all the junk mail.

What I'm interested in is having some sort of frontend to RT that
would, upon receiving an email, email the user back with a link they
must click before the email is submitted to RT (and ticket generated).
Bonus points if such a solution can track users who have validated in
the past and let them bypass this validation.

Has anyone done something like this that can offer recommendations?

Cheers,

GTG