[rt-users] Custom Field as a column in search results?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 23 11:14:47 EDT 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 12:18:12AM -0400, Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On 09/05/2013 10:16 AM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> > As a superuser -
> >
> > Click on Edit, click on Edit this Saved Search, click on Advanced, add
> > __CustomField.{Impact to user}__ to the search, update the search.
> >
> > If you were building a Queue specific search, you'd be able to do it
> > from the normal Format builder at the bottom of the Query builder.
>
> I'm trying to get this working on 4.0.8 (it was working for us on
> 3.6.7).  What I'm seeing is that the search works fine when defined, but
> it's not 'sticking' to be the default search as it was before.
>
> Here's the step-by-step - I'm hoping somebody can point out my error:
>
> 1) log in as root
> 2) click the queue in the 'Quick search' box

I'm not sure why this would have worked on 3.8, because the code is
the same.  The Quick Search widget does not have it's own Format
saved.  It uses $DefaultSearchResultFormat set in your
RT_SiteConfig.pm

http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT_Config.html#DefaultSearchResultFormat

The instructions I gave were for editing *searches* on the home page,
not the quick search.

-kevin