[rt-users] Problem with groups and "Couldn't load the specified principal"

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Sep 23 11:32:00 EDT 2013

On Sat, Sep 21, 2013 at 04:35:07PM -0700, Jaye Mathisen wrote:
>    If I go to "Modify global group rights", and type in a new group name down in the add group
>    box, I get:
>
>      * Couldn't load the specified principal
>
>    If I got to tools and try to create a user-defined group,  call it "TEMP", I get "Group
>    created", and i can add a member to it, which succeeds, but I can't see them in group rights,
>    or do anything useful.

What happens when you go back to Modify global group rights and type
in TEMP now?  In 3.8 we used to list every group in the system on that
page, but that was horrible if you had a lot of groups.  The group
rights autocompleter doesn't make new groups for you, it just provides
a better way to select one of thousands of possible groups.

-kevin