[rt-users] Customer web access - two servers, one database?

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Mon Sep 30 09:58:23 EDT 2013

We've been running RT now for our Service Dept for  a few months now with incredible success. At the present time, we have out customers email a specific email address & those emails get converted into tickets. We are now looking to improve functionality/speed for the customer. I see two options:

1. Convert the general email being used into a Queue (say "Incoming") and then the employees simply assign the tickets as needed.
2. Install the stripped down Public Bug Tracker (http://search.cpan.org/dist/RT-BugTracker-Public/lib/RT/BugTracker/Public.pm) or something similar, to facilitate customers logging into the system.

In regards to #2, if I were to go that route, is it safe to set up a second "public" RT server that ties into the same database? Or should I just have a single server set up for both to access in whatever manner I see fit?

Right now, the fastest simplest option I see is #1. I just need to get the Spam tracking turned on.

Stephen Cena
QVII
MIS/IT Dept
850 Hudson Ave.
Rochester, NY. 14620
585-544-0450 x300
sjc at qvii.com<mailto:sjc at qvii.com>
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."
--For email related issues, please contact postmaster at qvii.com<mailto:postmaster at qvii.com>