[rt-users] Notify ticket owner when updated by email

CLOSE Dave Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com
Wed Apr 2 17:03:16 EDT 2014

I wrote:

> When a user replies to RT's email about a ticket, the ticket is updated.
> But on my installation (RT 4.2), the owner is not notified. How can the
> owner become quickly aware of such an update? Am I missing a
> configuration variable or do I need to add or modify a scrip?

Jok Thuau answered:

> There should already be a 'notify owner on correspondence' scrip.

Well, I don't see one. When I go to the scrips page, here's the list it
shows, reformatted to fit in this message. (Note that the first ten have
no description.)

1  On Correspond
    Open Tickets
    Blank
    Enabled

2  On Owner Change
    Notify Owner
    Transaction
    Enabled

3  On Create
    Autoreply To Requestors
    Autoreply
    Enabled

4  On Create
    Notify AdminCcs
    Transaction
    Enabled

5  On Correspond
    Notify AdminCcs
    Admin Correspondence
    Enabled

6  On Correspond
    Notify Requestors and Ccs
    Correspondence
    Enabled

7  On Correspond
    Notify Other Recipients
    Correspondence
    Enabled

8  On Comment
    Notify AdminCcs as Comment
    Admin Comment
    Enabled

9  On Comment
    Notify Other Recipients as Comment
    Correspondence
    Enabled

10 On Resolve
    Notify Requestors
    Resolved
    Enabled

12 If an approval is rejected, reject the original and delete pending
    approvals
    On Status Change
    User Defined
    Approval Rejected
    Enabled

15 On transaction and SetStarted Open Ticket
    On Transaction
    On SetStarted Open Ticket
    Blank
    Enabled

14 When a ticket has been approved by all approvers, add correspondence
    to the original ticket
    On Resolve
    User Defined
    All Approvals Passed
    Enabled

13 When a ticket has been approved by any approver, add correspondence
    to the original ticket
    On Resolve
    User Defined
    Approval Passed
    Enabled

11 When an approval ticket is created, notify the Owner and AdminCc of
    the item awaiting their approval
    User Defined
    Notify Owner
    New Pending Approval
    Enabled

So something may be been lost during an upgrade or for some other
reason. But as these are not files but data base entries, I'm not clear
on how to recover one.
--
Dave Close