[rt-users] Notify ticket owner when updated by email

Jok Thuau JThuau at spacex.com
Tue Apr 1 22:57:25 EDT 2014

> On Apr 1, 2014, at 5:27 PM, "CLOSE Dave" <Dave.Close at us.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
>
> When a user replies to RT's email about a ticket, the ticket is updated.
> But on my installation (RT 4.2), the owner is not notified. How can the
> owner become quickly aware of such an update? Am I missing a
> configuration variable or do I need to add or modify a scrip?

There should already be a 'notify owner on correspondence' scrip.

First check to make sure you have it setup (either globally, it for the queue you're interested in).
If you already have it, the next thing is to look at the template being used by that scrip and see if a) it's been modified to mail someone specific (and breaking the intended behavior)or b) if it's being overloaded from the global template.

I hope this gets you there...

Thanks,
Jok