[rt-users] Customer Management

Richards, Matthew E ERDC-RDE-CERL-IL matthew.e.richards at erdc.dren.mil
Fri Apr 4 14:49:31 EDT 2014

We started using RT and really love it for our local IT support.  We would like to extend it to our external users; however one feature we can't seem to find is the ability to assign user administration rights to specific users (without giving out the root password).  We have RT setup to automatically create new users from email, which is nice, but all that's in there is the users email address.  When our support engineers receive a call or email from a customer, they would like to add a customer or update the customer's Name, Organization, Address, Phone, etc.  We don't really want them to modify passwords, rights, or anything else in the system.  Is there an extension, configuration, or user rights assignment to do this?

v/r,

Matt