[rt-users] Automatically Set "Let this user be granted rights"

Chris Ditri Cditri at experi-metal.com
Wed Apr 9 14:27:01 EDT 2014

Hi Kevin,

The mapping was just the default in the config file (on a debian wheezy system).  I'm not sure how it is dangerous though... can you elaborate?

You are correct, I didn't show a select statement from the db.  I wasn't aware that would be helpful.  I just know the log file was saying the email already exists (and it does, because it was imported through ldapimport).  All the users were populated in the rt users screen from the import, after all.  The thing I didn't understand was why rt didn't recognize the user as already existing. It still wanted to make a new one.  Why wouldn't it just say, "Oh jjjameson, I know him, let me check his password against AD... Yep... there he is. Access granted."  Instead, it seems like it is saying "Oh, jjjameson, I have no record of him (even though it exists).  Let me check AD... Oh, there he is, now let's make him a user in rt... wait a minute, his email address is already in use, I guess you are SOL here."  Of course it is in use!  It was imported, afterall :).

I'm sure there is a logical explanation for this... but I'm afraid this is moot now.  I restored a backup of the machine to the time just prior to the ldapimport. I am way past deadline on this project, and I need to get it rolled-out. It turns out that the import is not as important as I initially thought, so I think I can get away without it.

I appreciate the assistance though, very much.

Thank you.

-Chris