[rt-users] RT::Extension::Assets - missing Wikitext area and Select date widgets on Bulk Update

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Wed Apr 9 15:28:16 EDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-09 at 12:00 +1200, Kevin Buckley wrote:
> Have been playing around with the Asset Tracker extension in an RT 4.2.2
> environment, using the rt-extension-assets master branch from 20140228.
>
> All seems to work very nicely so far, however, in looking to populate
> a large set of common assets, I came to use the Bulk Update facility
> and found that, of the Custom Fields I had defined for the catalog(ue)
> in question, I wasn't presented with either a "Wikitext area" or a "Select
> date" widget on the Bulk Update page,

Both of these are limitations derived from RT, not Assets itself.  RT
4.2.3 contains bulk updating of Date and Datetime fields; I've pushed a
4.2/bulk-update-wikitext branch that should cause Wikitext fields to
appear; you should be able to apply
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/1e05e76.patch  atop 4.2.3.
 - Alex