[rt-users] Unprivileged users - Edit ticket/Sign up as CC

Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) SJC at qvii.com
Fri Aug 1 11:58:27 EDT 2014

Those permissions are in place. I have a test user in "End Users" (my own group) and is Unprivileged. I can create a ticket with this user but when I go to look at the ticket I can only view it. Did I overlook a permission possibly?

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 06:10:11PM +0000, Cena, Stephen (ext. 300) wrote:
> I've come across is editing the tickets. I've got explict permissions
> on the Requestor of the ticket (ex: Requestor can make changes to the
> ticket), but it looks like Unprivileged is overriding it. I'd like the
> users to be able to sign up as CC on tickets as well, but that is
> missing too. Is this how Unprivileged works, or did I miss a permission setting? Thanks!

Rights in RT are additive.
If Requestor has ModifyTicket, then the user being Unprivileged will not change that as long as they are *actually* listed as the Requestor (not just the Creator).

You need to grant Watch for users to add themselves as Cc, but keep in mind that they may also add themselves as a Requestor which will grant them extra rights.

-kevin

Stephen J. Cena
Supervisor/Systems Administrator - MIS/IT Dept
Quality Vision International
850 Hudson Ave
Rochester,NY 14620
Phone: 585-544-0450 x300
Please report email problems to: postmaster at qvii.com

QVII MIS/IT Dept - We do what we must because we can.
"Thank you for helping us help you help us all."