[rt-users] Coredumps, traceback, etc : 4.2.6 and RT-Authen-ExternalAuth

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Aug 6 12:50:03 EDT 2014

On Mon, Aug 04, 2014 at 12:41:26PM -0400, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> I just mean that RT-Authen-ExternalAuth is requiring a specific CPAN
> version of Net-SSLeay and that RHEL perl-Net-SSLeay-1.35-9 may include
> that same "actually required" functionality (given the backporting RH
> often does for security fixes, etc).
>
> I am not suggesting with that explanation that RT or the extension
> should care or try to cater to various distros' packaging+patching
> workflows. I'm just explaining what I meant by "strict".

I assumed this is what you meant, but I don't see that:
https://metacpan.org/source/FALCONE/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.21/Makefile.PL#L12
that means 'any version please, if you answer yes'.

It's possible that some module we rely on requires a version of
Net::SSLeay but it isn't us.

As discussed later in the thread, I suspect your issue stems from
mixing ssl libraries, probably from a package upgrade elsewhere on the
system.

-kevin