[rt-users] invalid module name

doug downham doug.downham at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 09:24:05 EDT 2014

I have installed RT 4.2.6 on CEntOS 6.5, which went flawlessly. I then
installed External Auth via 'cpan -i RT::Authen::ExternalAuth'.
Everything seems to go smoothly, and the files are installed in
/opt/rt4/local/plugins. However, when I attempt to visit RT's log in page,
I get an internal server error, and the log says:
'invalid module name 'RT::Authen:ExternalAuth' at
/opt/rt4/sbin/../lib/RT.pm line 735.'

I'm running perl 5.10.1. perl -V gives:
  @INC:
    /usr/local/lib64/perl5
    /usr/local/share/perl5
    /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
    /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
    /usr/lib64/perl5
    /usr/share/perl5

The System Configuration page in RT gives:
Perl library search order

   1. /opt/rt4/sbin/../local/lib
   2. /opt/rt4/sbin/../lib
   3. /usr/local/lib64/perl5
   4. /usr/local/share/perl5
   5. /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl
   6. /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
   7. /usr/lib64/perl5
   8. /usr/share/perl5

So, I'm not sure why the module got installed where it did, or why RT
doesn't look in its own plugin folder for plugins. I feel like I'm missing
something fairly obvious.