[rt-users] filter error in RT-Authen-ExternalAuth

Pete Ashdown pashdown at xmission.com
Fri Dec 5 16:44:43 EST 2014

I'm using an LDAP filter, that otherwise works, in
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth that is giving me an perl error that I'm having
trouble getting rid of.  Here is my configuration (names changed to
protect the innocent):

    Set($ExternalSettings, {
    'My_LDAP'       =>  {
        'type'             =>  'ldap',
        'server'           =>  'ldap.myorg.org',
        'user' => 'cn=authentication,ou=widgets,o=myorg',
        'pass' => 'SUPERSEKRET',
        'tls' => 1,
        'base' => 'ou=accounts,o=myorg',
        'filter' => '(objectClass=FooBarBoo)',
        'd_filter' => '(objectClass=Deactivated)',
        'net_ldap_args' => [ version => 3 ],
        # Users are allowed to log in via email address or account
        # name
        'attr_match_list'  => [
        'uid',
                ],
                # Import the following properties of the user from LDAP upon
                # login
        'attr_map' => {
                    'RealName'     => 'cn',
        },
    },
    } );

And here's the error:

[28018] [Thu Dec  4 22:34:57 2014] [error]: Can't locate object method
"as_string" via package "(objectClass=FooBarBaz)" (perhaps you forgot to
load "(objectClass=FooBarBoo)"?) at
/usr/local/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm
line 469.

I've tried quoting, escaping, and staring blankly at the code for hours
on end, but filter just doesn't digest.  Can any tell me what I'm missing?