[rt-users] Problem with HTML tags appearing in correspondence

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 3 17:37:32 EST 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-03 at 14:22 -0800, Alexey Bozrikov wrote:
> I am attaching a diff -ur between upgrded and freshly installed RT 4.2.1, as
> I had exactly same issue when posting new tickets and replying to existing
> tickets from RT web interface. Our system has no customizations at all with
> exception to one custom field for the ticket (which I have disabled when I
> was testing on the upgraded system).

Your differences are entirely in var/mason_data, aka the Mason cache.
This confirms that you skipped the last bit of step (6b) in the
README[1]:

        6b) If you are UPGRADING from a previous installation:
        [...]
              Finally, clear the Mason cache dir:

                  rm -fr /opt/rt4/var/mason_data/obj

              You may then start your web server again.

 - Alex

[1] http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/README