[rt-users] Mandatory Custom Fields and Group Rights

Bartosz Maciejewski b.maciejewski at agriplus.pl
Tue Feb 4 05:58:59 EST 2014

Same situation here, use this plugin
http://blog.bestpractical.com/2013/03/new-rt-extension-for-making-fields-mandatory-on-status-transitions.html
(https://metacpan.org/pod/RT::Extension::MandatoryOnTransition)

Set
Custom Fields to not mandatory on creating new ticket, then set plugin
options to force mandatory CF on any or specific transaction, change of
status (ex, for closed ticket - fields have to be mandatory)

Enjoy!

W dniu 2014-02-04 11:07, Paul Stead napisał(a):

> Hello,

Running RT 4.0.17 on Debian.

> We're trying to use RT across the
company as our main ticketing system. This requires other departments to
raise tickets into our queue.

> We have two mandatory ticket custom
fields in this queue for us to internally categorise tickets.
> Our
standard users do not have rights to "View custom field values" or
"Modify custom field values" and indeed cannot see or set these fields
in the Create Ticket view.

> When the user attempts to raise the
ticket, RT seems to be checking for the validity of these custom fields,
even though the user has no ability to set them.

> Raising via email
works as expected, but our users are used to the RT interface and prefer
to raise this way.

> Is this expected behaviour? How might I work
around this?

> Paul
> --
> Paul Stead