[rt-users] Mandatory Custom Fields and Group Rights

Paul Stead paul.stead at zeninternet.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 05:07:11 EST 2014

Hello,

Running RT 4.0.17 on Debian.

We're trying to use RT across the company as our main ticketing system. This requires other departments to raise tickets into our queue.

We have two mandatory ticket custom fields in this queue for us to internally categorise tickets.
Our standard users do not have rights to "View custom field values" or "Modify custom field values" and indeed cannot see or set these fields in the Create Ticket view.

When the user attempts to raise the ticket, RT seems to be checking for the validity of these custom fields, even though the user has no ability to set them.

Raising via email works as expected, but our users are used to the RT interface and prefer to raise this way.

Is this expected behaviour? How might I work around this?

Paul
--
Paul Stead
Systems Engineer, Zen Internet