[rt-users] Cannot save Article searchs for system use

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Feb 5 10:36:47 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 03, 2014 at 07:07:23AM -0800, scott.dalzell wrote:
> i am currently using RT4.0.12 and i am trying to create a dashboard to
> display all new Articles that have been created in the last 2 weeks
>
> the first hurdle i have come across is that i can not save any Article
> searches into anything other that 'My Searches' this means that even if i
> create a suitable search, other users will not be able to view the results
>
> is there anyway to allow me to save an Article search with the privacy set
> to 'RT System's saved searches'?

Apparently the decision to only list My saved searches and Groups
dates back to the original saved search support for Articles.  I have
no insight into why RT System's saved searches isn't in that list, but
it's a clear omission, especially when paired with Dasboards. I would
look at a patch to add it (although that patch should likely convert
articles to use some of the core SelectSearchesForObjects.

Regardless, this should get filed as a feature request bug.

-kevin