[rt-users] reply via email as comment

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 10 12:31:08 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 04:35:42PM +1100, Paul Warren wrote:
>    I've been asked by my support team to configure RT to treat replies via email as comments, for
>    a single queue only.  I'm new to RT and don't really know how to do that!
>
>    Specifically, when staff reply to a ticket notification email, they do not want that reply to
>    go to the requestor.
>
>    I had thought that having the default `$QUEUE'@example.com be the `comments' email in my
>    /etc/aliases might work, but that means no tickets are created when sent to that address.

You should be able to create tickets when sending mail to a --action
comment email address.  I do it.  If you want to know what's wrong,
you'll need to show your config and logs.

Alternatively, you can just disable all the On Correspond Notify
Requestor (and CC, and one time recipients) in that Queue, which would
mean that nobody could ever send them email from that queue.

-kevin