[rt-users] reply via email as comment

Paul Warren Paul.Warren at m5networks.com.au
Mon Feb 10 00:35:42 EST 2014

Hi all,

I've been asked by my support team to configure RT to treat replies via email as comments, for a single queue only.  I'm new to RT and don't really know how to do that!

Specifically, when staff reply to a ticket notification email, they do not want that reply to go to the requestor.

I had thought that having the default '$QUEUE'@example.com be the 'comments' email in my /etc/aliases might work, but that means no tickets are created when sent to that address.

I don't think setting the $SetOutgoingMailFrom and OverrideOutgoingMailFrom are quite what I need.

Is this something  I should be doing as a scrip?

Apparently, they've had this working previously, from a different sysadmin, then RT was upgraded to 4.0, and it hasn't worked since. Of course, no-one remembers how it was done, and there was no documentation made!

Thanks for your time!
--
Paul Warren