[rt-users] Slow RT after moving DB on another server

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 10 13:32:31 EST 2014

On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 12:55:49AM +0100, Jan Niezbędny wrote:
>    A few days ago i moved my RT (v4.0.4) database (MySQL) to another server. Of course
>    I introduced relevant configuration indicating where the base is located. From
>    that moment to log on to the program is a big problem. And when you will
>    succeed it works very slowly.
>
>    The logs do not have anything specific on this topic. Do you have any idea how
>    to check what could be wrong?

Generally this means that there are problems communicating between the
servers.  Manually connect from the web server to the database server
and see how long it takes to run something like select * from Users
where name = 'root'.  Most often this is network problems or dns
problems or something similar.

See the recent discussions on this list about how Rt performs when
talking to a Postgres install with unpredictable and occasionally very
high latency.

-kevin