[rt-users] How can I assign some users to Administrator?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 13 09:44:41 EST 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 12:48:59PM +0900, Hajime Takase wrote:
>    My question might be too ridiculous but I still could not
>    understand what is 'Administrator' means in RT.How can
>    I assign some privileged-users(staff) to Administrator?
>    Does Administrator means 'SuperUser'? [1]http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/SuperUser
>    If so, then what is the point of fixing the rights of Administrator
>    when he or she have the global rights to do anything?
>    By the way, I'm using 4.2 version.

Your screenshot points to the tab labeled Administrators in the rights
UI.  These are merely Rights we suggest might be useful to users who
Administer your system.  This is to avoid having a huge long list,
instead it is broken into three "chunks".

If you grant someone SuperUser, they don't need any other rights.

However, it's quite logical to give users Administrator level rights
that aren't the complete SuperUser right.

-kevin