[rt-users] Problem with custom lifecycle

Simon Wilcox simonw at simonwilcox.co.uk
Fri Feb 28 03:48:30 EST 2014

On 28/02/2014 02:34, Kevin Falcone wrote:

>> Yes - we appear to have a Global Scrip (On Correspond Open Tickets)
>> that re-opens the ticket exactly as you describe (authorised is the
>> first active status in the transition list for assessed, n.b. not
>> the first in the active list[1])
> You can read the documentation for that Scrip Action to understand how
> it works.
>
> http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT/Action/AutoOpen.html

Many thanks - I'll read up on that.

>> I think I need to move all the Scrips from Global to Queue based and
>> then allocate them out to each queue individually.
>>
>> I can't seem to find a facility to turn a Global Scrip off on a
>> per-queue basis.
> You must have missed this in my previous email.
>
> Click on Admin -> Scrips -> Scrip Name
> click on Applies To
> Unselect it globally, assign to relevant queues.

No, I didn't miss it but that's not the same thing although it achieves
the same end effect. I understand that this is the correct way to do
what I want and I'll be implementing it this way today.

I have a much better idea of how these things work now, thank you for
your advice :-)

Simon.