[rt-users] Searching For Tickets Without Reminders

Ram ram0502 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 13:38:03 EST 2014

> On Thu, Jan 02, 2014 at 01:33:03PM -0800, Ram wrote:
> >    We have a class of requests that require us to take an action which
> may take a few weeks; in
> >    these cases the support folks set a reminder for e.g. 3 weeks. We
> don't to close these tickets
> >    b/c they are still being serviced and should show up in the various
> reports that check for
> >    ticket status. OTOH these aren't stagnant tickets in the sense that
> they are correctly on hold
> >    for a few weeks.
> >    One of the users asked if we can modify the 'my stagnant tickets'
> search to omit tickets that
> >    have an open reminder set. This seems like a reasonable approach.
> Anyone know how to do this
> >    using RT Ticket Searches?
>
> While you can search for tickets with Links (or tickets linked to a
> specific ticket) using syntax such as DependedOnBy = 12345 or
> DependedOnBy IS [NOT] NULL, you cannot search on attributes of the
> object on the far side of the link (You want to be able to write
> ReferredToBy.Type = 'reminder' to find tickets with a refers to link
> to tickets with type reminder).
>
> If you never use links other than Reminders, you could just hide
> tickets which have a ReferredToBy.  Alternately, you could stick
> tickets into another status instead of using reminders (or in addition
> to using reminders) and exclude that status.
>
> I often will put a ticket into 'pending' with a due date, which makes
> it trivial to search for and avoids dealing with Reminders.
>
> -kevin

Thanks. We do link tickets in a variety of use cases so our plan short term
change the date cutoff from 10 days to 22 days which is longer than the
typical reminder while medium term we will write an RT module that will do
the search directly so we can filter out linked tickets which are
non-overdue reminders.

cheers
ram