[rt-users] Searching For Tickets Without Reminders

Christian Loos cloos at netcologne.de
Tue Jan 7 04:33:33 EST 2014

Am 02.01.2014 22:33, schrieb Ram:
> Hey there,
>
> We handle a bunch of tickets and one of the ways we help our support
> staff not drop the ball is by putting a saved search on the support
> Dashboard that shows 'my stagnant tickets'  [LastUpdated < '12 days ago'
> AND Owner.id = '__CurrentUser__' AND (  Status = 'open' OR Status =
> 'new' )].
>
> We have a class of requests that require us to take an action which may
> take a few weeks; in these cases the support folks set a reminder for
> e.g. 3 weeks. We don't to close these tickets b/c they are still being
> serviced and should show up in the various reports that check for ticket
> status. OTOH these aren't stagnant tickets in the sense that they are
> correctly on hold for a few weeks.
>
> One of the users asked if we can modify the 'my stagnant tickets' search
> to omit tickets that have an open reminder set. This seems like a
> reasonable approach. Anyone know how to do this using RT Ticket Searches?
>
> thanks
> ram

You can create a ticket CustomField 'has_open_reminder' and create an
global scrip which:
* on reminder create set the ticket CF 'has_open_reminder' to 'yes'
* on reminder open set the ticket CF 'has_open_reminder' to 'yes'
* on reminder close set ticket CF 'has_open_reminder' to ''
You can then add to your dashboard search:
AND 'CF.{has_open_reminder}' != 'yes'

Chris