[rt-users] REST mail-gateway using 100% cpu

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Mon Jan 27 15:04:17 EST 2014

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 20:00 +0100, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz wrote:
> > It will be re-queued and tried again
> > when it fails to submit to RT, so it'll be somewhere in your queues
>
> I find it to not always be true. For example when our mysql died then rt-
> mailgate didn't return any error BUT rt itself created bounces with "Ticket
> creation failed: Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender".

I can't replicate this.  When RT has no database connection, RT produces
a server error, and as such rt-mailgate returns status 75, which is
"temporary failure, keep in queue and try again later."

> So this means customers messages were lost (we fortunately recovered these
> from other sources), not requeued obviously and customers were scared with
> "Ticket could not be created due to an internal error" mail bodies.
>
> I would even mark this as a "important bug" (as loosing messages is important)
> but well...

It is absolutely an important bug -- RT should not lose incoming email.
If you can replicate it, please submit the replication strategy as a bug
to rt-bugs at bestpractical.com
 - Alex