[rt-users] Weird Behavior

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Thu Jul 3 00:01:44 EDT 2014

As far as I know, that is acceptable as long as the Subject Tag value for
the queue explicitly includes the $rtname value within it.

Your example Subject string of "[Networking cg.xxx.edu #1091]" should be
acceptable if the Subject Tag value for one of your queues is precisely "
Networking cg.xxx.edu".

For debugging purposes, you can also simply use "[$rtname #1091]"
(replacing "$rtname" with the actual $rtname value) to rule out the queue's
Subject Tag value as the problem.  That is, if your $rtname is "cg.xxx.edu",
consider sending a test mail with Subject "[cg.edu.au #1091]" to rule out
queue-specific Subject Tag problems.

If you're still having no luck, consider posting RT's debug log when it
accepts the mail for processing.