[rt-users] RSS feeds on transactions and custom field links

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 24 10:50:14 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 11:06:16AM +0300, Mikko Talvenmaa wrote:
> As its relatively easy to create RSS feed on tickets, is there anyway on RT using it’s own tools to create feed of transactions?
> Something like -> date/time user x made an action on ticket id with subject xyz. That would be really helpful to track what is happening

You could write something, nothing like that is core, it would be
straightforward to write based against the transactions table,
limiting scope would be more interesting.

> Another question is about linking to external systems. As i’d like to
> create link (custom field with some value seems only option) to
> external system (SCCM reports in this case) from assets. Can I use
> asset name as part of link value?

> One solution would be scrip to replicate value of Name to custom field every time it changes, but more elegant would be using value of Name directly.

As documented in the admin UI for this feature, you can have the id of
the object and the value of the custom field, so no, you can't have
Name without work.

-kevin