[rt-users] Migrate form 4.0.7 to 4.2.6 with new server

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Fri Jul 25 09:49:45 EDT 2014

Consider cloning your existing RT database to a new database, providing the
new RT installation with the database connection details in its
RT_SiteConfig.pm file, then running the sbin/rt-setup-database script:

$ cd /path/to/new/rt
$ sbin/rt-setup-database --action upgrade --dba XXX
--prompt-for-dba-password --upgrade-from 4.0.7 --upgrade-to 4.2.6

where XXX is the name of the database user that can alter the state of the
new database.