[rt-users] how to reduce the limit of attachment

Marco Agostini comunelevico at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 03:04:48 EDT 2014

Thank you Alex for your quick response.

> You should set it to higher than 1M.  Encoding may extend the size of
> the object in the database, and MySQL may simply drop the connection if
> it gets too large a packet.  Having dropped mysql connections will abort
> the attachment insert _and_ all sorts of other things, none of which are
> desirable.

Now, I :

- set "max_allowed_packet      = 2M" and restart mysql service.

- configure these parameters on "/opt/rt4/etc/RT_SiteConfig.pm":
Set($MaxAttachmentSize, 1_000_000);       # 1M
Set($DropLongAttachments, 1);     # true
Set($TruncateLongAttachments, undef);

and restarted apache

> RT will still allow you to _upload_ files larger than 1M, but will
> silently drop them when the correspondence is recorded.  There is a
> branch in the final stages of review that will add an entry into the
> ticket transaction history when an attachment is dropped or truncated.

But I can still upload file (directly from the web interface) that is
bigger than 1M without any message on history.

what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks.