[rt-users] Read-Only Custom Fields

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 31 16:16:29 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 03:52:18PM -0400, Al Joslin wrote:

> 	I can't figure out any way around granting all the ModifyCustomField permissions on a per-field basis
>
> 	And if my users don't want to see some of the CF's at the Ticket level then I'll be granting those on a per-field basis as well.

If you have 5 CFs in a Queue and want to grant Everyone See on 2 and
Modify on 3, then you must grant individually per CF.  Finer grained
permissions (all staff can Modify the CFs on the Queue) can be granted
on the Queue object.

RT rights are additive, so if you want to be particular about certain
fields, you're going to have to grant those rights at the object
level.

-kevin