[rt-users] remote sql server w/ ssl RT make upgrade-database problem

andkulb andrius.kulbis at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 01:54:52 EDT 2014

I had the same problem.

As I find out the update-database task was trying to connect to the DB using
root user, which I don't have access to instead of my RT database user. The
upgrade-database was asking for password, but it did not asked for a user
which should be used. So made a change in /sbin/rt-setup-database:

my $dba_user = my_rt_database_user_name.