[rt-users] How to assign tickets to a queue based on email address AND subject line?

Aaron McCarthy aaron.mccarthy at southwestern.ie
Wed Jun 4 10:53:11 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I am currently trying to sort tickets into a specific queue based on a
specific email address AND subject line. I know some of you will mention
Procmail or some other MDA. I wish to do this with just a perl scrip.

I have assigned tickets to queues based on email address and I have assigned
tickets to queues based on subject lines. However I cannot assign the ticket
to a queue based on a specific email address and subject line together.

Here is the code I am working on. Please help if you can.

my $requestor_address = $self->TicketObj->RequestorAddresses;
my $requestor_subject = $self->TicketObj->Subject;
my $specific_user = 'ian\.kennedy\@hotmail\.com';
my $specific_subject = 'Help';
my $target_queue_name = 'Argus';

# if the ticket email address matches
if ($requestor_address == $specific_user) {

        # if the ticket email subject matches
        if ($requestor_subject == $specific_subject) {

                # Set the ticket queue
    my ($status, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetQueue( $target_queue_name );
        }
}

Many thanks,

Aaron