[rt-users] How to assign tickets to a queue based on email address AND subject line?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Jun 6 13:32:09 EDT 2014

On Wed, Jun 04, 2014 at 07:53:11AM -0700, Aaron McCarthy wrote:
> I am currently trying to sort tickets into a specific queue based on a
> specific email address AND subject line. I know some of you will mention
> Procmail or some other MDA. I wish to do this with just a perl scrip.

This is truly the right way to do this, since without it, triggering
the correct Autoreply is a pain.

If you cannot do it the right way, you may wish to build on the code I
wrote for someone else with the same restrictions
https://metacpan.org/release/RT-Action-MoveQueueBySubject

> # if the ticket email address matches
> if ($requestor_address == $specific_user) {
>
>         # if the ticket email subject matches
>         if ($requestor_subject == $specific_subject) {

== is the numeric comparison, eq is the string comparison

perl -le 'print "two" == "three" ? "yes" : "no"'
perl -le 'print "two" eq "three" ? "yes" : "no"'

-kevin