[rt-users] Help with mySQL query to prune RT3 database before upgrading to RT 4.2.5

Lists lists at lolling.org
Fri Jun 20 19:16:02 EDT 2014

On 6/20/2014 2:39 PM, Kevin Falcone wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 12:26:11PM -0500, Lists wrote:
>> The make upgrade-database process runs for a short while and this is what I
>> get from the command line.
>>
>> Proceed [y/N]:y
>> Processing 3.8.2
>> Now inserting data.
>> [25360] [Fri Jun 20 15:49:26 2014] [warning]: Going to add [OLD] prefix to
>> all templates in approvals queue. If you have never used approvals, you can
>> safely delete all the templates with the [OLD] prefix. Leave the new
>> Approval templates because you may eventually want to start using approvals.
>> (./etc/upgrade/3.8.2/content:6)
>> make: *** [upgrade-database] Killed
>>
>> I am attempting to upgrade from 3.8.1 to 4.2.5.
>>
>> Is there additional logging/debug I can turn on or log files elsewhere I can
>> check to see what is happening?
> Connect to your database and run;
> select count(*) from Attributes;
> select count(*) from Attributes where Name = 'DeferredRecipients' and Content IS NULL;
>
> -kevin

When I run this against the database I am trying to upgrade, I get:

mysql> select count(*) from Attributes;
+----------+
| count(*) |
+----------+
|  1831962 |
+----------+
1 row in set (2.50 sec)

mysql> select count(*) from Attributes where Name = 'DeferredRecipients'
and Content IS NULL;
| count(*) |
|  1829169 |
1 row in set (10.32 sec)