[rt-users] Customizing newest unowned tickets search with user-specific data?

Alex Peters alex at peters.net
Mon Jun 30 20:51:55 EDT 2014


Another option for those admin users is to just not use that default
unowned tickets search, but instead replace that component of each admin
user's page with an appropriate saved search.

Depending on how frequently your admin users need to access all queues, and
if it makes sense in your situation, you could potentially create two
accounts per admin user—one for admin tasks and one for regular tasks.
On 01/07/2014 8:40 am, "Milt Epstein" <mepstein at illinois.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for that suggestion.  In fact, what you say makes sense, and
> does work for the most part.  But, we have a certain number of admin
> users (such as myself), who can see tickets in multiple queues.  I was
> trying to set up something that would work for those users (we have
> certain queues that are separate enough that we would prefer not to
> see tickets in those queues).  Sounds like we may just have to live
> with this though.
>
>
> On Tue, 1 Jul 2014, Alex Peters wrote:
>
> > I don't believe that you can achieve this with Ticket SQL, but there
> > is another potential solution:
> >
> > You mention that the users are in groups for the queues relevant to
> > them.
> >
> > If you configure RT so that the users can't see tickets in queues
> > whose groups the users don't belong to, you would get the desired
> > result without modifying the search.
> >
> > Whether this is acceptable in your case depends on whether your
> > users need to see tickets in queues outside their group memberships.
> >
> >
> > On 24/06/2014 2:57 am, "Milt Epstein" <mepstein at illinois.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > Greetings.
> > >
> > > I'm trying to customize the "10 newest uowned tickets" search (the one
> > > that appears on the main page by default, I believe).  I get to the
> > > page to edit the predefined "Search - Unowned Tickets" search, and it
> > > shows the logic for the search:
> > >
> > > Owner = 'Nobody'
> > > AND (
> > >   Status = 'new'
> > >   OR Status = 'open' )
> > >
> > > I want to exclude tickets in a certain queue, which by itself is
> > > pretty straightforward, just add:
> > >
> > > AND Queue != 'somequeue'
> > >
> > > But that's not quite what I want to do.  First, I should say that we
> > > have groups organized per queue, so that for instance we have a group
> > > 'rt-somequeue' with access to the queue 'somequeue'.  What I really
> > > want to do in the logic above, is exclude that queue unless the user
> > > is in that corresponding group, something like:
> > >
> > > AND (
> > >   Queue != 'somequeue'
> > >   OR <User in group 'rt-somequeue'> )
> > >
> > > Is there a way to do this, either using the criteria listed on the
> > > Query Builder page (which seems to be all ticket-related), or by
> > > directly editing the search?
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > Milt Epstein
> > > Applications Developer
> > > Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS)
> > > University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
> > > mepstein at illinois.edu
> > > --
> > > RT Training - Boston, September 9-10
> > > http://bestpractical.com/training
> > >
> >
>
> Milt Epstein
> Applications Developer
> Graduate School of Library and Information Science (GSLIS)
> University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
> mepstein at illinois.edu
> --
> RT Training - Boston, September 9-10
> http://bestpractical.com/training
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.bestpractical.com/pipermail/rt-users/attachments/20140701/f4331a7f/attachment.html>


More information about the rt-users mailing list