[rt-users] Auto Reply to Requestors and CCs

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Mar 3 14:50:19 EST 2014

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 05:34:51PM +0000, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> I created a new Scrip, On Create Autoreply to All which used the new
> Autoreply To All  action instead of Autoreply To Requestor.

I assume you also have
http://bestpractical.com/docs/rt/latest/RT_Config.html#ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs
enabled.

> It all works but I have two questions:
>
> 1. The Autoreply to Requestor action passes through "Requestors" as
> a parameter but the module doesn't seem to use it, what does it do ?

For your action, the only thing it really does is get passed to your Template as $Argument
For most Notify (rather than Autoreply) actions, it's used to
determine who to notify.

> 2. Was there an easier way to achieve what I wanted ?

Autoreply is specifically designed to always send the Requestor email
(normal Notify actions would not reply to the requestor) so it's the
closest to what you want.

-kevin