[rt-users] Comment reply from email

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Mar 5 10:59:37 EST 2014

On Wed, Mar 05, 2014 at 03:42:06PM +0900, Hajime Takase wrote:
>    Can RT distinguish repling to ticket or comment from email?
>    Apparently it seems that all reply is recognized as "Correspondence" but I want to allow to
>    reply comment from email which is not sent to the requester.
>    I'm thinking to add script to check the title(like if [Comment] it is reply to comment) or see
>    "Reference" of email header.

RT sends Correspondence from one address and Comments from another.
When a user replies to the Comment address, proper configuration is
that this secondary Comment address runs rt-mailgate with --action
comment.

My guess is that you're either sharing addresses for comments and
correspondences (which is bad) or have misconfigured rt-mailgate.

-kevin