[rt-users] Custom fields with names in SearchFormat

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 7 17:31:32 EST 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 10:12:57PM +0000, Jonah Hirsch wrote:
>    How would one use a custom field with a space in a SearchFormat? The wiki says
>    >  Use __CustomField.{NAME}__ as field name to display custom field values in search results.
>    But what should I do if NAME contains a space character?

What happened when you tried it?
Alternately, go to Search -> Tickets -> New Search
Go to the bottom of the screen and add the Custom Field to your format
(assuming a global CF, if a Queue CF, select a Queue, then add the CF
to your format).  Click on Advanced and read the format box to see how
RT has quoted it.

-kevin