[rt-users] RT Shredder and Assets

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 14 11:28:54 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 10:50:57AM -0600, Schincke, Keith wrote:
>    It is possible to shred assets or will I need to delete data from the RTxAssets and
>    RTxCatalogs tables?

Assets are not currently shreddable (there would need to be
scaffolding added for shredder and it wasn't a priority for the
initial build out).

Deleting from RTxAssets and RTxCatalogs is unlikely to be sufficient
to clean things out.  At the very least, there are going to be role
groups and links and ACLs associated with objects that also need
chasing.

Shredder has to be taught all of these things, which is the
complexity.

-kevin