[rt-users] Module compatibility with RT 4.0 & 4.2

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 18 15:16:44 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 04:55:58PM +0100, Maciej Dobrzanski wrote:
> I was wondering if there was any way to make modules compatible with
> both 4.0 and 4.2. Specifically, I'm wondering how to deal with
> 'static' directory, which is not supported in 4.0. Do I have to
> maintain two separate modules for each RT version, keep two copies of
> all static content in both statis and NoAuth, or is there some other
> way I'm missing?

The current head of Module-Install-RTx.git on github has a somewhat
tested possible solution to alleviate it.

Once it's been better tested, it'll be released as 0.33_01 for further
testing.

Feedback saying that it works or doesn't work to the rt.cpan.org bug
queue for that module would be helpful.

-kevin