[rt-users] 3.8.2 to 4.2.3 Upgrade
elacour at easter-eggs.com
Mon Mar 24 09:43:44 EDT 2014
On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 01:31:58PM -0000, Jim Tambling wrote:
> I am planning to upgrade our RT instance and move it to a virtual machine.
> As I want to keep RT downtime to a minimum, I plan to install RT 3.8.2 on
> the new VM, import the database and settings from the current instance and
> then proceed with the upgrade. Is this the best way to do it? Can you guys
> offer any suggestions?
the way I do:
- setup a new VM (often 3.8 RT instances are running on old OS ;))
- install stock RT 4.2.3
- apply back your patch, plugins, ...
- import current DB, measure time needed
- run upgrade, measure time needed
- if everything is ok, plan the real upgrade:
- stop mail/http on prod server
- dump/restore on new server
- run upgrade
- start mail/http on new server
- play with dns/ip to make the new server be the production one
this way you can safely do the upgrade, test, and now exactly the
downtime to plan.
Easter-eggs Spécialiste GNU/Linux
44-46 rue de l'Ouest - 75014 Paris - France - Métro Gaité
Phone: +33 (0) 1 43 35 00 37 - Fax: +33 (0) 1 43 35 00 76
mailto:elacour at easter-eggs.com - http://www.easter-eggs.com
More information about the rt-users