[rt-users] translate custom lifecycle

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Mar 27 15:02:36 EDT 2014

On Wed, Mar 26, 2014 at 07:34:45PM +0100, Albert Shih wrote:
> new/open/on_hold is in english when I choose english in the interface. But
> it's in french/german/etc. when I choose french/german/etc. in the interface.
>
> How can I do the same for my own Lifecycle ?

You'll want to look at the po files that ship with RT, which contain
translations.  If you had a local/po/fr.po with

msgid "New Status"
msgstr "Statut Nouveau"

RT would translate statuses.

There's more infrastructure needed to tag and extract automatically
(which is what we're doing) but for a fixed and known lifecycle, you
could just manually create .po files.

-kevin