[rt-users] From Inbox to Ticket

Chris Herrmann chrisherrmann7 at gmail.com
Fri May 9 18:29:39 EDT 2014

Hi, just take regular backups of your SQL server. If mail fails the sending party should retry. If your system is down for longer than the mail retry limit a) the sender will be notified by their mail server and b) presumably you will notice if your server is down for 5 days.

One thing to watch out for that I have encountered previously is if the rt thread handling the incoming message runs out of memory and dies you will lose the message... But if my memory serves me right we saw this only on outbound correspondence (ie a ticket reply from rt to the requester), not inbound.

Regards,
--
Chris Herrmann
Far Edge