[rt-users] From Inbox to Ticket

Jeevan jeevan.sarkunaseelan at gmail.com
Thu May 8 20:29:41 EDT 2014

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone could help me out. What I want to do is to create
a back-up of whatever tickets come in, in the event the request tracker
system fails. As such the most feasible plan is to have an application like
fetchmail to basically read the inbox of a particular mailbox and forward
the messages as tickets to the RT system. I tried following the steps on
this wiki

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/WithEmailFacility

while customizing it to suit my needs. However I seem to be hitting a dead
end since I am using a local system instead of an online internet
mailserver. Could anyone help me out here please?
Thanks!

Best regards,
Jeevan