[rt-users] Oracle Migration

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon May 12 12:59:18 EDT 2014

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 12:21:19PM +0000, Iain Vowles wrote:
>    We are planning an upgrade of RT from version 3.6.5 to 4.2.4. At the same time we are planning
>    on upgrading from MySQL to Oracle version 11.2.4.  I know that it can be accomplished using
>    SQL Developer's migration wizard.   Has anyone done the Oracle migration? If so, did you
>    encounter any issues?

There are actually tools for this in 4.2, rt-serializer and
rt-importer.  You can find their documentation on
http://docs.bestpractical.com

If you use an oracle tool, there are data conversions that need to
happen and I have no idea if they would work properly, and I would be
reluctant to support a conversion done with an untested tool.

-kevin