[rt-users] Problem sending email from Reply

"Tamás, Szép" tamas.szep at govcert.hu
Fri May 16 04:42:02 EDT 2014

It doesn't matter if I reply with the same user or not: it won't send an
email.

NotifyActor is set to 0, but isn't it responsible for notifying the
person who actually performs an update? I mean that the sender (from
outside the world) who sends us an email is not an 'actor' in this
context, is he?

OK, here is a scenario:
1. John Smith sends us an email that his network is being attacked eg.
by spear fishing emails. He sends us the attacker's IP address and other
info.
2. RT gets this and an Incident Report is being generated automatically.
3. Our incident handler colleague Takes the Incident Report and Replies
to John Smith that we acknowledged his problem. (here is the first
problem, email is not being sent)
4. The incident handler creates an Incident from the Report.
5. The incident handler launches a new Investigation. (here is the
second problem, email is not being sent)
6...etc.

Just to mention: CC, BCC is OK, so the mail handler (using Sendmail) is
working right.

Tamas

> Are you replying with the same user that created the ticket? By
default RT won't send a mail to you if you performed the action that
generated an email.