[rt-users] File attachments corrupted after DB migration (Was: Mailgate doesnt generate tickets after Upgrade)

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Sat May 17 12:18:00 EDT 2014

On 05/15/2014 03:15 PM, Matthias Peplow wrote:
> I can confirm that after a migration from 4.2.3/mysql 5. to
> 4.2.3/postgres using serializer all binary attachments are corrupted.
> Any Idea how to fix that?

I can confirm this.  The problem is not specific to mysql or postgres,
but lies in the serializer itself -- any high-bit bytes are erroneously
encoded into UTF-8 when serializing, even in binary files.

There is no good fix if you're already running with this data in
production.  We should have a patch that fixes the serializer in a few days.
 - Alex