[rt-users] remote sql server w/ ssl RT make upgrade-database problem

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri May 30 16:23:33 EDT 2014

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 03:29:23PM +0000, Pollard, James R wrote:
>    Trying to upgrade from RT 4.2.1 to 4.2.4 with a remote SSL required Mysql server.  I've had
>    the current version working fine for months by modifying /opt/rt/lib/RT/Handle.pm as such,
>    where ++ denotes added lines.

This seems like the sort of thing that could be contributed to core,
assuming it worked on upgrades...

>    I have already run make upgrade, copied my changes to Handle.pm and verified that the
>    connection works using the web interface.  Make upgrade-database fails however saying "access
>    denied for <user at RTwebhostname> (using password: YES)"

Unfortunately, you cut the important parts, seeing the connection
details printed by make upgrade-database and which step bailed out,
since there are schema changes *and* content changes.

>    2.       Do a manual database upgrade using a manual connection via mysql -D .... Etc. etc.

Not possible, since there are changes that require RT to execute perl
code in those (and future) upgrade steps.

I assume you're tripping over RT trying to get a privileged handle for
schema changes and failing somewhere.

-kevin