[rt-users] rt-users Digest, Vol 128, Issue 4

Duncan Napier dgnapier at sfu.ca
Thu Nov 6 12:22:56 EST 2014

> From: Christian Loos <cloos at netcologne.de>
> To: Duncan Napier <dgnapier at sfu.ca>, rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
> 	.html	document?
>
> Am 04.11.2014 um 22:49 schrieb Duncan Napier:

:
:
> > Just in case anyone is interested, I managed to do this. Here is how it was
> > done:
> >

> What do you exactly mean by "subscription email"?
> Reading all above I would assume that you don't use RT Dashboards, but
> thats exactly what you want:
> * you can display them within the RT Webinterface
> * you can send them as e-mail
>
> Here is the documentation:
> http://www.bestpractical.com/docs/rt/4.2/dashboards.html
> While the documentation is for RT 4.2, dashboards are also available in
> RT 4.0 without the DashboardInMenu function.
>
> Chris

Hi - my terminology was vague/incorrect. What I should have said that I wanted to post various Dashboard subscriptions to a website that was widely accessible.

We use a setup where all our non-RTadmin users are non-privileged. These users create new tickets via the RT SelfServe interface. Once the ticket is created, they can correspond either rt-mailgate and/or the SelfServe interface. I wanted non-technical group managers and some other (RT non-privileged) staff to be able to access dashboards showing open/resolved tickets for their groups/queues. I played around with all manner of Group Rights and User Rights and was unable to grant non-privileged, SelfServe users the rights to access custom dashboards. So I ended up creating a script to take the Dashboard subscription and post it as a webpage for these users to access if they needed to.