[rt-users] login via html-form (username/password) and WebExternalAuth side-by-side

Luca Mazzaferro luca.mazzaferro at rzg.mpg.de
Tue Nov 11 06:45:41 EST 2014

Hi guys,

I want to give my users the possibility to login to rt through an
SSO-mechanism (here: kerberos).
It works fine if I require a Kerberos -ticket in through apache2.
However, I would like to either have the people type their username /
password in the HTML-Login form
or click a button to login with the Kerberos ticket.
Thus on the apache side all rt is unprotected.
I created a new directory KrbAuth (beside html/NoAuth) which you have to
have the Krb-Ticket to access.

I copied the Login.html from NoAuth to KrbAuth/Login.html
and then call AttemptExternalAuth() instead of
AttemptPasswordAuthentication()

This, however does not work. I do login, get the correct username etc,
but the RT-session is not properly setup.

Is something like this possible at all and if, how do I do it ?

Many thanks,
Ciao

Luca